Skip to main content

Life Stages

Through our lifetimes we will enter many stages of development, growth prosperity and at time downfall. Some stages will make us feel like were on top of the world and others may make us question if we have the strength to keep going. At other times in our lives we are faced with choices that will severely shape our futures and lives as we know them. These times are often met with fear and questions, trust me I understand that. I am at the point in my life where I need to make decisions, decisions about college, how I want to live my life, where I want to go and where I want to end up. Despite always having a pretty clear understanding of what I want for my life, now that it's here, up until this point it has been pretty overwhelming and honestly terrifying. It is now however that I have come to the conclusion that the same fear I let envelope my mind can be directly turned into excitement. The excitement factor is this, yes I have to make what seems like a million life impacting decisions but I have the freedom to make those decisions and therefore through confidence in myself and confidence in what I have known all along which is the path I strongly feel God wants me to take, in that confidence I receive the freedom to be excited. God calls us not to worry but to trust in him and yet I have found that he often uses the most worry-some situations to remind us of his constant presence in our lives. He uses those climax points in our stories to open our eyes to his path for us and in that despite all the craziness of this life and all the struggles and decision we may be met with, they all become minute, because this life has no comparison to what is to come. Someone very wise said that those who have a strong relationship with God are constantly in trouble because to follow God we go against this world. Today I want to encourage you that whatever decisions you need to make, God is with you and I pray he gives you the same clarity he has so gracefully blessed me with. Let your worries become minute and let your eyes become open to the true and immense beauty that every struggle, and every trial has to offer. Go into this new weak with confidence and don't be afraid to allow yourself to feel joy, we live in a world where feelings especially those of positive conflict aren't normal, dare this week to be constantly in trouble. This life will give you many stages but you get to write the chapters word by word and we just so happen to have the most wonderful editor in the universe. Go get em this week babes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Phoenix

 I feel there is something not talked about enough, everyone knows the feeling of failure. We all make mistakes, comes with being human, we all cope with that. How though do we cope when unplanned mistakes take place, I know your wondering what on earth I mean by this, most mistakes are unplanned… I am referring to the mistakes, the trials that occur even when the “rules” are followed, those that incur even when perhaps we have done everything right that is within in our power. This takes a different type of coping, paired with an even greater understanding and matched with yet a greater perspective. In order to cope and heal from these unplanned mistakes we need to evaluate what was within our control and what was genuinely not. Often times when things go wrong we immediately blame and criticize ourselves because let’s be real, that is much easier than accepting the unknown and accepting the true lack of control we had over the situation. It is facing this fact though that allows for

Defining Life Through Choices

 Life is a crazy thing, what's crazier is how we each define the course we take through it. Often times we categorize our lives by the bigger more obvious choices, for instance taking a job, going back to school, getting married, having children etc. If we created a road map of our lives on paper it would likely consist of big landmark choices. Is it truly those big choices however that sum up our lives? Is it really those land mark sized choices that got us where we are today and propel us further into the future? I'd like to argue that they are not. Every day, every moment we are faced with choices, big and small choices. Perhaps the most seemingly miniscule choices are in fact the most monumental. When you start your day, what thoughts do you allow into your head? How do you nurture your mind, body and soul when you rise and when you begin to settle down for the day? How do you choose to interact with those around you, how do you speak to them? How do you speak to yourself,

Write Your Story

 It’s been over a year since I have last written and I can honestly say it has been quite the year. Writing is an outlet unlike any other, it creates doors to inspire, uplift and change. Perhaps the lives of others may change by the words you place on paper, however I believe the real change happens in the heart of the author. Whether it be fiction or nonfiction or a mix of both, putting the words on paper in a way that betters those around us and potentially those we will never meet aside from words meeting eyes, that changes you. It allows healing, growth, and a change of perspective on life. If there is one thing I have taken from the last year, it is that we are all the author of our own stories, we all have tales dying to be told inside of us, fighting to be born into paper. There is nothing in life that a change in perspective and a plan cannot conquer, we are only as limited as the limits we put on ourselves. Change stands directly in front of all of us, the question is not if i