Skip to main content

Seasons


I personally find it funny how life changes, seasons change, events change and above all perspectives change. In our lives we go through several seasons and God has a purpose for each one. I am put in awe as I look back at events in my own life, finally able to see God's purpose for them as I could not in that moment. I wish hindsight was our foresight because I believe knowing that, we would all live our lives a bit differently. It is not however and our only time to live is right now in this moment. This Christmas season has been a tough one, there has been a lot of death of young people that were taken much too soon and, in this season, I found myself torn and my heart hurting so deeply for all of these families. Often times we want to change things we have no control over and heal hurt that only God can reach. It was just a few minutes ago that thinking about this season got me to thinking about the year of seasons as a whole. I am pretty sure every season that could possibly transpire has in this last year, in thinking about this, I began to think primarily about God's goodness and grace through every single one of those seasons. He didn't miss even one, although at times I question if God is present in situations, it always prevails that he is and was. We never are able to grasp God's plan in the moment because his plans and goals for our lives are too much for our minds to comprehend but he uses each situation and season as an opportunity to help us grow. Sometimes it takes wondering if he is even there to draw closer, it makes us pray harder and aids in the growth of our faith, therefore resulting in greater trust in him. My perspective has changed in this current and somewhat melancholy holiday season. It may seem as if our world is taking a turn for the worst but I serve a God who lives and he is still turning around situations in our world today, he is still changing perspectives and I have come to the conclusion that while I can't save everyone or fix everything or fully remove the hurt in hearts of those I love, I serve a God who not only can but who will. We serve a God who fights for us and in the day in age our biggest asset against the war of this world is prayer. We serve a living God who will make things right and knowing that gives me the courage to keep trying. No one is perfect, were people, but we have an opportunity as followers of Christ to pray and to work for the King in this imperfect world until he comes again. This holiday season I know many who are grieving and I want you to know that my heart goes out to you and you are in my prayers. I know that I could never understand or comprehend what you are going through but God does and while I can't heal this hurt you are experiencing; I know that God will. It won't happen immediately and the hurt may never fully disappear but over time it will get easier and God will bring you through this. Remember God never gives you something you can't handle and you may not see it right now but God has a way of turning what now seems like coal, into diamonds in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Phoenix

 I feel there is something not talked about enough, everyone knows the feeling of failure. We all make mistakes, comes with being human, we all cope with that. How though do we cope when unplanned mistakes take place, I know your wondering what on earth I mean by this, most mistakes are unplanned… I am referring to the mistakes, the trials that occur even when the “rules” are followed, those that incur even when perhaps we have done everything right that is within in our power. This takes a different type of coping, paired with an even greater understanding and matched with yet a greater perspective. In order to cope and heal from these unplanned mistakes we need to evaluate what was within our control and what was genuinely not. Often times when things go wrong we immediately blame and criticize ourselves because let’s be real, that is much easier than accepting the unknown and accepting the true lack of control we had over the situation. It is facing this fact though that allows for

Defining Life Through Choices

 Life is a crazy thing, what's crazier is how we each define the course we take through it. Often times we categorize our lives by the bigger more obvious choices, for instance taking a job, going back to school, getting married, having children etc. If we created a road map of our lives on paper it would likely consist of big landmark choices. Is it truly those big choices however that sum up our lives? Is it really those land mark sized choices that got us where we are today and propel us further into the future? I'd like to argue that they are not. Every day, every moment we are faced with choices, big and small choices. Perhaps the most seemingly miniscule choices are in fact the most monumental. When you start your day, what thoughts do you allow into your head? How do you nurture your mind, body and soul when you rise and when you begin to settle down for the day? How do you choose to interact with those around you, how do you speak to them? How do you speak to yourself,

Write Your Story

 It’s been over a year since I have last written and I can honestly say it has been quite the year. Writing is an outlet unlike any other, it creates doors to inspire, uplift and change. Perhaps the lives of others may change by the words you place on paper, however I believe the real change happens in the heart of the author. Whether it be fiction or nonfiction or a mix of both, putting the words on paper in a way that betters those around us and potentially those we will never meet aside from words meeting eyes, that changes you. It allows healing, growth, and a change of perspective on life. If there is one thing I have taken from the last year, it is that we are all the author of our own stories, we all have tales dying to be told inside of us, fighting to be born into paper. There is nothing in life that a change in perspective and a plan cannot conquer, we are only as limited as the limits we put on ourselves. Change stands directly in front of all of us, the question is not if i