Skip to main content

Special Trip

Hey guys/ and gals!
 I hope you have all had a great start of fall, I just got back from Hawaii last night and let me just say I'm feeling truly blessed! We go to Hawaii a lot since we have a timeshare and as I've mentioned in the past, we attend church on the island. This trip however was unlike any other. I feel like God gave me so many opportunities and opened my mind to a lot of new things, there's so much I want to share with you right now that I hardly know where to start.  When your in the moment , you tend to brush off the little things. Then as you look back you realize those little things were what  mattered the most. I learned so much on this trip and especially about relationships. Both relationships with the people around me at the time and the relationships that were waiting for me to come home. Lets start with what I learned about the people around me on the trip why don't we :).  The day we flew in ,I got to go to my best friends 21st birthday! I feel so blessed to have gotten the opportunity to be apart of that celebration for such a big turning point in her life. Even 5000 miles away we connected and she is my uttermost best friend, we all have "best friends", but who's that one person that always pulls you in the right direction and is there through space and time no matter what? That's your real best friend and before meeting Emi last February I had never had that. Emi is not only my best friend but a role model in the fact that I hope when I'm 21 I can live up to the standards she has set. She is such a devoted woman of God and a loving ,caring person to everyone despite if shes going through something or not. She always knows what to say, the best advice to give and she has this fun, funny personality that can make any day better. I could say so much more but words don't do justice to what our friendship means to me. All i can say is I'm beyond thankful to have her as my best friend! I learned throughout this week, something I've known that became more solidified. When it comes to friendships, it doesn't matter where the two people are in the world because when its a Godly friendship and when its a real friendship you can overcome any distance.
    Onto the second part of what I learned about relationships. I learned a to about relationships i have at home while I was away. Thanks to emotions and feelings, we tend to care about a lot of people in our lives right? Yes well sometimes we may ask ourselves, who really cares about us? while your on vacation this is a great opportunity believe it or not to figure this out. I'm sure you've heard the saying "outta sight, outta mind". Okay so when you leave for a week, who still cares enough to message or call you to see how your doing  or how your trips going? Who does this in a respectable manner as not to overtake or distract or take time away from your trip, but to even when your gone want to hear from you because they care about you? This trip I had revealed to me, the people that matter at home and those few relationships I need to focus on in my life. I learned which ones out of all my friends are the true 2 way relationships in which we both care, not the one way street where its all me all of the time. In this realization I feel once again blessed. I know I've said that a lot, but this trip has just opened my eyes to a lot and I don't know how else to really express it.  So today I challenge you to invest in your relationships, material items come and go but those relationships are forever. <3

~The most amazing life stories aren't about where someone is now, but rather the journey it took them to get there and the relationships formed along the way~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Phoenix

 I feel there is something not talked about enough, everyone knows the feeling of failure. We all make mistakes, comes with being human, we all cope with that. How though do we cope when unplanned mistakes take place, I know your wondering what on earth I mean by this, most mistakes are unplanned… I am referring to the mistakes, the trials that occur even when the “rules” are followed, those that incur even when perhaps we have done everything right that is within in our power. This takes a different type of coping, paired with an even greater understanding and matched with yet a greater perspective. In order to cope and heal from these unplanned mistakes we need to evaluate what was within our control and what was genuinely not. Often times when things go wrong we immediately blame and criticize ourselves because let’s be real, that is much easier than accepting the unknown and accepting the true lack of control we had over the situation. It is facing this fact though that allows for

Defining Life Through Choices

 Life is a crazy thing, what's crazier is how we each define the course we take through it. Often times we categorize our lives by the bigger more obvious choices, for instance taking a job, going back to school, getting married, having children etc. If we created a road map of our lives on paper it would likely consist of big landmark choices. Is it truly those big choices however that sum up our lives? Is it really those land mark sized choices that got us where we are today and propel us further into the future? I'd like to argue that they are not. Every day, every moment we are faced with choices, big and small choices. Perhaps the most seemingly miniscule choices are in fact the most monumental. When you start your day, what thoughts do you allow into your head? How do you nurture your mind, body and soul when you rise and when you begin to settle down for the day? How do you choose to interact with those around you, how do you speak to them? How do you speak to yourself,

Write Your Story

 It’s been over a year since I have last written and I can honestly say it has been quite the year. Writing is an outlet unlike any other, it creates doors to inspire, uplift and change. Perhaps the lives of others may change by the words you place on paper, however I believe the real change happens in the heart of the author. Whether it be fiction or nonfiction or a mix of both, putting the words on paper in a way that betters those around us and potentially those we will never meet aside from words meeting eyes, that changes you. It allows healing, growth, and a change of perspective on life. If there is one thing I have taken from the last year, it is that we are all the author of our own stories, we all have tales dying to be told inside of us, fighting to be born into paper. There is nothing in life that a change in perspective and a plan cannot conquer, we are only as limited as the limits we put on ourselves. Change stands directly in front of all of us, the question is not if i